Wednesday, March 14, 2012

A Story in Progress (Chapter 1)

Note: This is a little something that I've been working on since I decided to stop spinning them in my head and start putting them down in words. Hope you'll enjoy though I'm still pretty amateur on this.


Fire Deer


A Chronicle of Dreams




Vivid dreams sewn together,
Awaken life driven to remember,
Eves and nights creating wonders.




Chapter 1


"Everything is not always what it seems..."




Sometimes I feel like as if I don't belong in this world.
Like thorns on trees or horns on bees.
Well, it's just how I felt anyway.
But today is definitely not an exception to that burning sensation inside me.


Breathe... pause.
Listen...
They seem to have gone away.
Stay focused...
THINK!
My heart is already pounding right in my ear.
I can feel all my senses heightened right in front of me.
Alert and Panic-stricken.
I'm not used to this. I don't usually get into trouble, but now,
sweat drip from every pore of my body.
I don't have time anymore. What do they want!
Black hooded persons. 5 of them. Chasing after me like a pack of accursed bloodhounds.
My muscles are all sore from running. I feel weak and hopeless.
But no matter where I run, no matter where I hide,
they'll always be there to find me.
Running blindly now, my strength fading on me.
I stumbled into an alley.
DEAD-END.
Like a mouse scurrying to escape, I desperately crawl on the wall.
But everything is futile. I feel lonely and trap.
Black hooded men came into view, sealing the only way out.
I cried for help. My voice hoarse and cracked.
The day is still too early. Morning mists and darkness still devoured everything in sight.
Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide.
Tears stream down my face.
Damn!
How I wish I'm safely tucked, back in my old bed.
How I miss the sweet smell of orchids that greeted me each day.
How I love the scent of fresh woods and the cinnamon baking that hang about... if only.
If only I don't need to move into this stupid place.
If only rules and laws aren't so stupidly made.
If only things are back to where they always have, and 
if only grandma didn't have to go and leave me all by myself.
Hot flushes of tears roll down from my eyes as I think of my grandmother.
My sole family and friend.
My mentor who guided me each step of my way since my parents died.
Her face, her kisses and her warmth flashes inside my head.
I feel queasy. What more do they want! I have already loss everything that is important to me.
What else can they take away from me!
I felt my anger rising, like a spark of fire ignited and quickly spreading all over my being.
My ring that have always been with me is no longer cold.
It now burns through my finger, glowing red hot and shimmering like a prism in broad daylight.
My head hurts like crazy. I feel like millions of needles are being driven to it.
Everything seems to dance and melt together. What's happening to me?!
I wanted to shout but everything exploded in lights.
Things became fuzzy but I remembered running---charging to be exact with something controlling my mind and body.
I feel like my whole body is bursting in flames.
The last thing I remembered are flashes of red flying all over the alley.

Then Blackness.

Silence.



(to be continued)
Stranger Passing-By                                                                                               SP-B/03/14/12

1 comment:

  1. woah.. What was that? Just your imagination? Para siyang alice in wonderland with a twist haha! Can't wait for chapter 2! ^^,

    ReplyDelete