Thursday, March 29, 2012

A Spinach Guide

Yesterday is a wrong-timing day but today is a heck-of-a-funny day. It started this morning while I was chatting with my sister. Our topic is strictly confidential though. HAHA. Anyway, moving-on. EHEM. So... Earlier, I was out buying something for our lunch and dinner. I chanced upon some healthy looking spinach. I was thinking that its been a long time since I have eaten one much more cooked one. So I decided to purchase them. While I was waiting at the counter, the bagger lady suddenly asked me what those vegetables are. I looked at her and replied with a smile. Then the cashier lady snapped at her and rather boastfully said that those vegetables are spinach. She even added that they can be made into a salad. I was thinking: " ah... er... hehe.. okay..?!", when the bagger lady said I don't know them but aren't those only eaten by Chinese? I was like: " Ahahahaha... ok... Yeah, right." HAHA. I was still laughing while I was heading home. The bagger lady even asked me how I was going to cook them.
Alright! As per request of the bagger lady, I'm going to present to you... COOKING 101: A Spinach Guide.

 "COOKING 101: A Spinach Guide"

Lets get those knives chopping and pans frying!!!
 
For starters, these leafy green vegetables are called Spinach.You have to buy a kilo of them for a serving of four. Looks are highly deceiving here.


Now this is the crucial part. To serve them, you have to pinch off the leaves, stems and everything. You don't chop or slice them as you do with cabbages, carrots & etc. In this part, you will also encounter what I want to call the stockings. You have to tear them apart while pinching off the spinach. They are thin lining membranes (as shown) that needs to be removed because if you don't they are rather hard and irritating once you eat them. They are chewy and you will gnaw at them till you have no choice but to spit them out.

After an hour and a half. Voilà! A potful of spinach. HAHA. I told you looks can be deceiving.




Then, W.W.W... hahaha, "Wash With Water".





You can also add some meat, as in my case, grounded pork to attain a perfect balanced meal. Marinate it with soy sauce, fish sauce and some rock salt.


Chop up some onions and garlic while pre-heating the stove to 121 C (250 F), 15psi, 15min. HAHA. Joking. Just pre-heat stove with oil for 5-10 mins. The pan needs to be really really hot when cooking this delicacy.

When the stove is really hot, saute some onions and garlic then add in the meat product. My grounded pork suddenly looked like a patty.




After sauteing, set aside meat and add in the spinach. The pan is literally over flowing. I had a hard time stirring. HAHA.



Then add in some seasoning, a pinch of salt and 1-1/2 teaspoon of sugar. Bring back the meat and when everything turned bright green, turn off stove and put lid on. Don't over cook the veggies. Trust me. You don't want that.

Bon Appétit!


Caution: There is a high possibility that when men eat this, they might turn into Popeye whereas females might turn into a papaya.


A healthy way of living.




Stranger Passing-By
SP-B/03/29/12

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHA grabe I was shocked na may taong hindi nakakaalam ng kangkong haha sila na kumakain ng sosyal na gulay hahaha! sa autoclave mo ba niluto yan?? :))) astig, mukhang yummy! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wahahhaha... sa autoclave nlng para mabilis! at organisms free pa..wahahahahha ... ang weird talaga ng ibang tao...wahahhahahhaha... pero amusing.. para hindi boring ang life :D :D :D God made everything! :D joke...peace po Lord ^_^

      Delete