Monday, April 16, 2012

Flight to Light

Broken once and trampled for so many times, I felt old, miserable and trapped. Always flowing through the never ending constant motion of life and trying to break free from the four corners of my mind; I had already asked myself if this is what living is all about. Had prayed to God for a million times but still felt like a little ragged doll in the inside. Struggling with battles against myself, trying to win but with failures defeating me every step of the way. But God had once again proved His mercy and love for a little lost sheep like me. At first, I was still dubious when He made His call. Hesitation made me give an undecided answer. It was only at the last minute that I made up my mind to attend the invitation. You can call it chance, you can call it coincidence or luck but I really felt that God is somehow wanting me to know Him all over again and to finally accept my weaknesses. Because of that invitation, I was able to join a summer camp. My first ever and He made it very memorable which I will always cherish. He showed me all His wonders and creations. Made me realized how small and insignificant people really are but in the eyes of the Lord, He still loves us no matter who we are. I witnessed His works on dusk and dawns. Painting the dark skies into indescribable awe of colors and lights. The nights there are cool with breath taking million dots of twinkling stars and the days are warm and hot with radiant of sunlight. Time itself seems to freeze and the earth seems to stop. Waking each day to the sound of the tip tapping of a soft rain, thinking if yesterday was real or just a dream.
I have this irrational thought that I may have laughter and fun today but tomorrow would be of misery and loneliness. But the Lord God have taught me that this is not so and had opened me up with much wisdom and understandings. I learned to rededicate my life to our Savior Lord Jesus Christ and to redirect my ways. For a long time, I have been walking astray without really knowing that I am going the wrong way. A wrong turn proved itself fatal. Also that, being an introverted lot that I am, I still couldn't believe that God had blessed me with new friends. Wonderful people that will always have a place in my heart. Memories, jokes, stories and laughs that have been shared will always be treasured for the rest of my life. Everything that God had done and will be doing are undeserving gifts from Him to us. Countless times of protection and care that He had provided may be unknown to us, but one thing's for sure to me, He loves us. The only thing that He asks in return is also our love for Him.


An Escapade of Life.




Stranger Passing-By
SP-B/04/16/12

1 comment:

  1. I agree with your writings. ^^ God loves us for who we are and He will never make our life a boring one, for those who truly believe in Him. If you can see, some people in Manila steal, or kidnap or do many evil things, because it proves that they never really found God yet and pride and lust cover them. So, it is our job as Christians to spread His word and rebuke those evil things that surround other people's lives. As long as we keep our faith to Him, He will save us in everything and anything. So, keep your faith up and high, high above the endless sky. And I'll meet you there. ^^

    ReplyDelete