Monday, July 02, 2012

A Stew with Pork Bulalo <排骨汤>

It's time for another cooking mania! I came up with this little recipe and good thing it came out alright. Haha. LOL. I'm really not into cookbooks with all the strict measurements and cups but I'm more of the Hmm-it-needs-a-little-more-this-and-that type. Though I sometimes get ideas from cookbooks and food magazines but I would usually change the ingredients into those that can be more conveniently bought. Convenience, practicality and budgeting are my top priorities when it comes into buying products.
So...what are we still waiting for! Lets get those knives working and pots boiling for this is what I call Cooking 102 : A Stew with Pork Bulalo.

"COOKING 102 : A Stew with Pork Bulalo"
<排骨汤>

I bought 2 kilos of Pork Spareribs but if you want, a kilo would do nicely too.
Now, the first thing to do with these red meats are to wash them thoroughly and marinate them with soy sauce, fish sauce, chili sauce, rock salts, whole black peppers and chopped garlic.
Afterwards, prepare a cooking pot and fill it half full with water. Bring it to a boil and add the main ingredients in.
It is crucial to remember that the water level should only be half of the pot's capacity because after adding the meat, eureka will occur as shown in the photo. ;)

While waiting for the pork bulalo to start boiling again, lets start chopping and dicing up some potatoes and carrots. To dice is to slice up vegetables, usually root crops into fine 5x5 cm. long. Haha. Kidding. Just do what I did on the picture at the right and you'll be just fine...but if you need rulers, go ahead! ^_^




Alright! We're half way done.
Now, this would be the part where I would like to call "foams" would form.
When the stew began boiling, these foams will began to accumulate and they have to be taken out, because if not, they will over flow and spill all over the kitchen floor. Not a great sight and quite hazardous too.
Okay, so what I did is that I spoon them out one by one. It is really hard work because they kept forming and the steam is getting really hot but endurance would be the key to success. Haha. In this case, success to a perfectly stewed pork bulalo. ^_^

After boiling for 30-35 minutes, put in the potatoes and the carrots.
Put on lid and simmer for another 10-15 minutes or until tender.







And finally, add in sugar and seasonings. For me, I put in a rare surprise of chili green pepper (right) and curd beans (left) for that authentic Chinese cuisine flavor.




Bon Appétit!


Caution: There is already a report of a pandemic spreading of a virus called the Mad Pork Disease. Infected people are often asymptomatic but they always tend to behave in an irrational way of over eating even the utensils and the pots. If spotted, please report immediately to your local police department and squads of zombies will surely be on their way.
Reminder: Please eat cautiously.




Stranger Passing-By
SP-B/07/02/12

2 comments:

  1. Yummy. O.o I wanna try that food. Hehe. I always wanna taste Chinese cuisine food. They're yummy. ^^ Gimme gimme gimme!!! XD By the way, my dinner was kinda like what you just cooked. Filipino style though. Hehe. It was yummy too. But I think that is better, that's why I wanna try. XD The last caption was eye catching. Lol. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha... Glad you liked this article. I'm gonna post more recipes soon ^_^ I usually cook on Sunday and those are the times that I'll be doing my experiments! hahhhaa.. ^_^ If you really want, you can come by my place or better yet..try cooking one up yourself ;) I'll be right here if you need any help.hahahaha Just eat it carefully afterwards. LOL ^_^

    ReplyDelete