Wednesday, July 11, 2012

An Unofficial Expedition

Sorry for the long wait but here it is now. Our Laboratory offers home-services and for months now, I have watched my other colleagues go in and out doing house-call duties and had always wondered how it felt like. Imagine, doing extractions in an unfamiliar territory. Hmm...Sounds like a challenge to me! Haha. And finally, drum roll please ^_^ , I get to experience it!!! Yeay! Well, it all happened early this morning when I was suddenly informed that I would be sent out for service. I eagerly accepted the request but my heart was already racing even when I was still starting to prepare my equipments...er...instruments...hmm. Anyway, my assigned location was in some area in Tondo. A ride and a companion were provided. It was really a good thing that they sent someone with me to do all the chatting and to keep me from getting a nervous breakdown. Haha. The ride took about 15-20 minutes and within those minutes, I kept repeating to myself "Lord, please help me...please, please, please" over and over again. By the time we get there, I was surprisingly calm. The owner greeted me and I replied with a cheerful smile. They let us in and we waited for a few minutes before letting me proceed to the second floor. The patient was laying on his bed and he looked really really really thin. His eyes were deep but nevertheless, we spoke like we were long time acquaintances. Eventually, I learned that he have colon cancer and that he had been recently admitted to the hospital. Nothing is much more scarier that having an enemy that is destroying you from the inside. The extraction was a success and I felt that the Lord was with me the whole time. The trip home was shorter and by the time I get back back to my workplace, routine activities resumed.
After work, a friend of mine treated us some Fruitas, a fruit drink. Yum! While we were waiting for our fruit shakes, a man suddenly came in the store and looked at us. We were still wearing our uniformed scrub suits when he said "Asiatic", the name of the place where I work, and took out a 500 php bill and paid for our drinks. We were shocked but we thanked him immediately. Turned out he is a regular customer in the laboratory. I was still smiling when my friend decided to treat us in Wai Ying for some snacks. We ordered hofan noodles, siomai, raddish cakes and other dimsums. We chatted, laughed, joked and ate some more. Afterwards, it was time to go our separate ways. I went home happy and full. I didn't even eat dinner anymore. Haha. Anyway, this is an account of my day. Thank you so much for reading. Hope you are now hungry. Lol.


This is me early this morning, wearing my lab.gown and scrubs. ^_^

Oh! I forgot to tell, this is my first tip! ;) The patient really insisted on letting me have this.
It was supposed to be 200 php but I surrendered the money to the Laboratory.
They gave one hundred pesos back to me!
Code of Ethics' Rule!
This is the surprise treat!
Each day is really like a present. You'll never know what you'll get!
Woohoo! Best Day Ever!!!



Thanking the Lord for this day.







Stranger Passing-By
SP-B/07/11/12

1 comment:

  1. Hehe. You had a blessed day. ^^ That's good to hear. Keep making the best out of life. God's Will will make us all happy. ^^

    ReplyDelete