Wednesday, May 22, 2013

In Stranger Tides 2

Poppies... 
Daisies...
Butterflies...
Hey, don't go...
Come back here, Princess...
Her eyes glittering like the sun, so blinding yet captivating, and the air just seemed so strangely sweet like jasmines and shampoos. Where do you think you're going? Thump. Thump. As I run through the soft grass. I could almost reach her... just a little more closer... could almost--- BLAG!
All the flowers suddenly burst and popped up like bubbles as I opened my eyes and glared at the glimmering sunlight. It took me awhile to figure out the where; which is on the floor in my hotel room, and the when and a little while longer on the tangle that I'm in with the blankets that seemed to be like strangling me with every move I made. At last, victory is mine. I stood up and looked around. Did I threw a party last night or was there an animal rampage on the loose? My eyes couldn't get anymore bigger as I absorbed the scene in front of me. Every window smashed, couches ripped, furniture bamboozled, curtains... never mind, and to think that I slept through all these? What on earth happened? My mind is racing a million GB per millisecond and suddenly I thought of my satchel. The thieves must have been after that! Yes, but how did they know? I upturned everything in sight as I fervently searched for my beloved satchel. No, they must not have it. They must not--- Aha! Argh, the look on their faces must have been priceless. In the middle of crisis, I completely forgot that I; a master thief, never failed to secure my things. I leaped gingerly from broken chairs to another and finally reached my hand inside an opened vent and voila! My medallion, safe and sound. Those nasty thieves must have been after this, the Golden Talisman of the Dead Knight. But how did they come to know of this? The medallion was from our last expedition. The search for this was thought beyond capable but we go for the impossible. We did this in secrecy and when we finally found the Golden Talisman of the Dead Knight, the duty of keeping it safe was imposed on me while we locate the next clue to the hidden treasures of the knight. This talisman would serve as the key to wherever passage the knight hid his treasures. Right now, well, we're still figuring. I was still looking at the medallion when a I heard a knock on my door. 
"Sir, room service..."
Room Service? But I didn't order anything. I was about to open the door when a thought came into my mind.
"Oh, please wait. I'll be there in a sec..." I said in my most casual tone. I dashed to one of the broken windows and looked down. Heights were never my favorites. I bit at the medallion and eased myself off the floor. The only escape route from here is a narrow pipe connecting to each room of the hotel. I balanced myself and walked slowly with my tail swaying back and forth all the time. Just as I was about to reach the window to the next room, there was a loud noise behind me. I supposed it must have been the door. I leaped from floor to floor down and as I landed on the ground, the smirk on my face never left me. My hunch was right, those thieves trying to steal this medallion was gravely disappointed as they found out the contents on my bag was just a few copper coins and a piece of gum and so they came for me again. But then, why would they need to trash the place? Just as I was deciphering this out, sirens from the police cars where blasting from everywhere. Great! Now they think I'm the bad guy. I quickly turned my heel and run for my life.


Here it is, part two of The Adventures of Tom. Stay tuned and part three is on the way.
Thanks for reading again fellow bookworms. :)




Stranger Passing-By
SP-B/05/22/13

No comments:

Post a Comment