Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Refresh, Rewind, Relax and Recall... Yeah!

Last night was so much fun! It had been educational, relaxing and a great time for group-bonding (ooh, it rhymes). We had been invited to attend a symposium on Hepatitis at the Crowne Plaza in Ortigas and yes, I'm back to working my bones off again 24/7 (exaggerating, of course). I felt I was really a part of something when they asked me to participate in the event. The repertoire started with the usual opening ceremonies and when speakers started their lectures, we learned a great deal of knowledge about Hepa A, B, C and D. The event was organized by the Abbot Lab.; a company specializing in medical researches, to promote their new and developed product or assay in determining HCV. Last night, I felt like a health professional but today, I felt like a real Med. Tech. Being able to brainstorm and debate on the topics that were discussed last night really boosts my confidence level. We talked about how some patients were being misdiagnosed because of lack of confirmatory tests performed, how important HBVDNA is, the effects of vaccines and how it can affect the virus (which is very confusing), the mutations on proteins that were perfectly accomplished by the virus, the sensitivity and specificity of the assay, the occults and the carriers and how HDV can turn out negative in HbsAg (the key diagnostic test of HepaB). It was such an experience being able to learn, debate, brainstorm, share jokes and laugh with my fellow colleagues. The share-jokes-and-laugh part begun when the speaker's lecture sounded more like a thesis complete with its feasibility studies and computations that totally made no sense to me... shhh. and when their slides looked like they copied and pasted from each other and the font size was no more larger than 10 in Calibri style. Oh, how they hurt my eyes.   O.o


Doodling, table napkin folding, tea and sandwiches, lectures and friends...




Stranger Passing-By
SP-B/06/04/13

No comments:

Post a Comment